Wednesday, June 23, 2010

TOYOTA Dealer Rally 23-24 Oct. 2009 - Study Avoidance Rocks!


Christoff (my BROTHER) and I had such a fun time at the TOYOTA Dealer Rally! We got to chat and joke with legends from other planets (classes) like Theuns, Enzo, Paul & Gavin, Rod & Henry, Andre & Des, Murray & Ralph (such nice guys!). Thanks Des for patiently helping me to set my clock (could someone pahleaze design one for blondes)! And a big up to you fine gentlemen who showed tremendous teamwork by staging a few ‘technical problems’ to keep the Rally exciting for all of us. (Next time you don’t have to take it literally, I was only kidding!)

What a blast on the rollercoaster at Rallystar! I had involuntary giggles over the jumps and Christoff gave a muffled laugh (I think) every time he set up the car to go one way and the mud “tuned izzit?” and shoved the car the other... Plus it was awesome to see so many spectators there! Do you guys have any idea how much you contribute to the excitement of the experience?! Thanks so much for being such happy-clappies!!

Thanks to the friendly people at TOYOTA in Middelburg for being so supportive (and for letting us use your toilet facilities - you have no idea how tricky it is for a girl to get in and out of a racing suit without touching anything in the 5x5cm of a portable-loo! It’s visions of that thing falling over with me inside that cause sleepless nights before a rally, nothing else!)

To the Marshalls who so selflessly support the sport, come blasting sunshine, dust or pouring rain – THANK YOU seems so inadequate. You guys really inspire me to be a better person! May no technology ever replace your friendly faces at the start and finish of stages. A special thanks to our Rally-grampy’s, Dave & Margaret. So glad your broomsticks are in such good condition to travel all over the country, it wouldn’t be the same without you!

To the entire team of people who worked on this event, from the sponsors and decision makers to the servers and cleaners – THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your hard work! We probably have no idea how much effort it took, but we are nonetheless sincerely grateful. If it wasn’t for you I would’ve been at home, studying, endorphin-less. For this, may you and your businesses be blessed. A lot.

Visionary Leon, THANK YOU for everything you and your hard-working team are doing for Rallying in SA! My friends have no idea how a girl with no sense of direction can be a navigator which makes me exceptionally grateful for the notes! By now we really trust you (and Schalk) with this – as Paul said this weekend, when Leon says “no cut” you just don’t cut!

SABERTEK, thank you for sponsoring our entry fees, even for the National! People of the world, if you want to experience electrical engineering par excel lance, you want these people to design a solution for you. I’m blonde, a girl, and technologically challenged and my odo, manufactured by Sabertek, works for me. Pure genius.

The abovementioned success might have something to do with my talented Brother, as I might be biased, but in my opinion not only is he a great engineer, but also a superb driver! I don’t know if any Nav can rest so assuredly in consistently controlled driving as I’m privileged to do. Even in horrid conditions, Brova, your driving is as smooth as butter, only better!

Jan, Elrickus & Francois – every rally team knows how hard the service crews work. But for us to have you guys work with what we’ve got with so much enthusiasm and dedication means more than words or money can ever express! I am SO glad you got the car to a place where I don’t have to run to catch up with it, helmet on the head and timecard in tow (long story. hilarious to bystanders). We appreciate you SO much! Thank you!

Our parents, you are the embodiment of parental love and dedication! I get a lump in my throat when I think of how freely you give of ... everything. May God bless you and keep you.

Thanks to God Almighty (who needs luck?!) for letting us have this much fun in this life and for the promise that the best is yet to come! Your Love and Grace is incomprehensible!

So this was not exactly a technical review of the rally, I’m doing this for my personal fun & entertainment. For more practical info about the roads and the car, speak to my brother. For statistics on how many stages we’ve won through the course of the season, speak to Pine Pienaar (he’s amazing that way! We like spectators like this – A Lot!). If you liked my new black suit and matching shoes, speak to ATS.

Thanks to everyone I haven’t thanked! If this were the Oscars the music cue would have been deafening by now! Oh, Dave Ledbitter, thanks! Not only are you pics spectacular and capture so beautifully the moments we love, your web-site gives me the opportunity to brag about my brother to strangers. Awesome.

Congratulations to all the winners (especially Enzo & Guy - woohoo!) and competitors who took part in the TOYOTA Dealer Rally! It’s been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment